Thursday, October 9, 2008

Welcome to Top Shelf (Again!)

So this is the second "Welcome to Top Shelf!" post I've written in as many weeks but what can I say? The Buffalo News loves me! I won't rest until they've given me Bucky Gleason's job! (That's a joke. Unless someone from TBN is out there reading this and really does want to give me Bucky Gleason's job. In that case, it's totally not a joke.) (Total aside: I spent a ton of time telling Greg, the super nice interviewer who wrote the story about me and Kate, exactly why I hate Bucky Gleason's writing and a lot of TBN's coverage but none of it ended up in the article being written for and published by TBN. Go figure.) (And now I guess any new readers know how I feel about Bucky. But you should read the posts anyway because some of them are good. Really.)

Since the season starts tomorrow (yaaaaay!) things will start cranking around here. In the mean time, feel free to poke around. In the top right hand corner there's a list of some of my favorite entries and reading them will give you a pretty good handle on what kind of writing you'll find here. It'll also give you a good idea how I feel about all the most important people in the Buffalo hockey community: Lindy Ruff, Darcy Regier, Bucky Gleason and of course, Henrik Tallinder. (Also a joke. I adore Hank but I'm not quite far gone enough to think everyone considers him super important. Oh, and I don't end every joke with, "That's a joke," but you know, potential new readers, unfamiliar writing style... Just want to make myself clear.)

I probably should start over from scratch here because I'm not sure any of this makes any sense but I'm about to go eat dinner and you know what? This post is actually a pretty accurate representation of Top Shelf: disorganized, rambling and always able to squeeze Henrik Tallinder into a conversation. Come one, come all!

ETA: I just realized that in the first paragraph I encourage everyone to read the posts that I don't even mention until the second paragraph. Can I just pass my discombobulation off as excitement about the opener tomorrow? Thanks.

6 comments:

karen said...

I saw you at Sabres' Edge!! It was totally cool! I was on the train (where I can read but can't figure out how to comment from my phone) and I squealed and was all, "That's Kate and Heather!" and the people I sit near all wished they had picked a different car. Too bad for them...KATE! And HEATHER! In the NEWS! :)

Chaz said...

Congrats! It's well deserved!

Becky said...

Congrats again! One more mention and they might hire you!

S.A.M. said...

oh Heather, you are so delightful! I love top shelf. :) Congrats on the article!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I don't end every joke with, "That's a joke," but you know, potential new readers, unfamiliar writing style... Just want to make myself clear.)

That reminded me of this:
"I don't want to get into a whole thing here..." -click!- "Uh-oh. I think I offended the wake-up guy." (That's a joke. From Seinfeld.) :-)

Heather to TBN straight up for Bucky? Where do I sign?

TheSharpie said...

Congratulations on the free publicity! I guess this just shows how the traditional media has come on their perspective on bloggers.