Wednesday, October 1, 2008

It's the Real Thing

I think most of Buffalo would agree that this has been a pretty darn good off-season. Long-term contracts for Paul Gaustad, Ryan Miller and Jason Pominville, a good dose of defensive toughness in Craig Rivet, a serviceable back-up goalie in Patrick Lalime and a two-year extension for the general manager behind it all. There seems to be more of a calmness across Buffalo, a feeling that maybe things will be all right after all. I didn't think it could get any better. And then - then! - I read this amazing news at Bfloblog.

On a completely unrelated note, I see the Sabres have signed a five-year deal to make Coke the exclusive soft drink provider at HSBC.

Best! news! ever! As I said in my 100 Things posts, I don't drink alcohol and I don't sniff, inhale or shoot up anything. What I do do is drink a huge ass amount of pop. I would probably lose 100 lbs. if I just quit drinking pop but I can't because I love it. And while I will drink Pepsi if there's nothing else available, I'm a Coca-Cola Classic girl through and through. (No Diet, please.) Six more years of Jason Pominville? Yeah, okay great. Gigantic souvenir cups full of the sweet, sweet nectar of life? You guys, this could be the best season ever!

Heather B's daily allotment of Coca-Cola.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh! And I'm a Pepsi girl! How will I survive? I might have to smuggle my precious Pepsi in there!

Katebits said...

I keep reading about how Buffalo is a "Pepsi town". It is? Gross!

I'm with you Heather. This is cause for extreme celebration! I'm a Diet Coke gal myself, and I drink it by the gallon. WOOOOOOO!!

Anonymous said...

Do they have Cherry Coke?

Am I Really Grown Up? said...

No! I'm born and bred in Buffalo and we drink Pepsi- morning, noon, and night. I have family members that drink Pepsi in the morning instead of coffee!

Cari said...

HEATHER!!!! YOU MADE THE BUFFALO NEWS THIS MORNING!!! Here: http://www.buffalonews.com/185/story/453077.html

Enjoy! And nice work!

Patty (in Dallas) said...

I'm so happy for you, Sabres fans! (Especially Heather.) I don't know what I'd do if the AAC switched to Pepsi. I'd have to drink Root Beer or something.

(Hilarious caption on the picture!)

Unknown said...

Aww, that means no more Dr. Pepper at the arena. Nuts. (Though I do like Coke better than Pepsi, Dr. Pepper is usually my arena drink of choice.)

And congrats on making the Buffalo News!

Mark B said...

Booooo! Pepsi all the way - I'm hoping they have Root Beer or Loganberry as options now.

Mike said...

As long as they still have Labatt's, I will be OK.

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping they have Root Beer or Loganberry as options now.

On a side note, I found a place in midtown Manhattan that serves Loganberry. I am in heeeeeaaaaaaven!

Katebits said...

I've never even HEARD of Loganberry. You natives are weird! :P

Congratulations on the TBN endorsement Heather!

Mark B said...

"I've never even HEARD of Loganberry. You natives are weird! :P"

Kate, next time you're in Jim's Steakout, try it. It's your next step in becoming a full-fledged Buffalonian!

If I'm not mistaken, it's made in Buffalo.

Becky said...

Congratulations on your Buffalo News mention!

http://www.buffalonews.com/lifearts/lifestylenews/story/453077.html

(4 paragraphs down)

Heather B. said...

Kate, I never really thought about it but it's true. Buffalo is a Pepsi town. Almost every restaurant I can think of serves Pepsi. Except for Pearl Street which inexplicably serves RC Cola which yes, is enough to keep me away. I mean... RC? REALLY Pearl Street?

And don't listen to Mark and Matt. Loganberry is pretty awful. I am surprised you've gotten this far in your Buffalo-dom without someone making you try it though.

Lee, that's TBD. I'll have to get back to you on the Cherry Coke issue.

Anonymous said...

-1 to that News writer for missing your Tallinder obsession. But seriously cool. :)

Despite 2 trips to the arena and 3 to the concession stand, I couldn't tell you if there was cherry Coke or not.

TheSharpie said...

Yes, so for the um, one game I MIGHT be able to see this season I can enjoy an over priced cup of Coca-Cola!