Saturday, March 29, 2008

Introducing SabreCast!

Hi. Yeah, me again.

Okay, the real reason I went over to Kate's last night is because we got it in our heads that we were going to record a podcast. I haven't quite figured out how to post the file here - it's 1:33 a.m. and my brain is just not functioning anymore - but you can listen to our first episode over at the Willful Caboose.

Please keep in mind that this is the first time we've ever done this and it was mostly about us figuring out the software and playing around with musical cues and sound effects. There is some real hockey talk mixed in but it's definitely a work inprogress. Still we found it really amusing and thought some of you might too.

Go check it out
. If you have any suggestions, questions, or things you'd like to hear us discuss, please pipe up. I don't know how regularly we're going to be doing this but we are planning on doing it again so any feedback would be helpful.


Oh, a note for those who have listened: Jason Pominville has indeed passed his production from last season. Fewer goals so far (34 vs. 27) but more assists (34 vs. 50). Good boy, Pommerdoodle!

(I've kind of buried the post I just wrote but it wasn't really that interesting. There is some information for those of you in the fantasy hockey group though so check that out at least.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The podcast is SO FREAKIN' AWESOME! You guys rock! I really loved the Miller Minute, and of course, the Hank Highlight! I can't wait to hear the next one!

dani said...

Good job! Good job! It was so funny :D

I also enjoyed the Hank Highlight!!! hahaha

Heather B. said...

Hopefully Hank will give me more to work with next time. I was kind of aiming for how silly it would sound describing a typical (but good) defensive play but that game wasn't a great one to go on. Him hitting the post was the best he looked all night. (Oh, Hank.)

And thanks!

S.A.M. said...

Saaaaaaabrevision!

That was totally great. You and Kate did a wonderful job. I enjoyed it thoroughly, and as I just wrote to her, I'd love to meet you two, I think we'd get along.

;)

When is the next one?

and I joined up with the fantasy hockey thing on nhl.com. woohoo