I got nothing.
I've been sitting here staring at my screen and I can't come up with a single coherent thought - positive or negative - about this game or this team. I'm completely blank inside. I have thoughts on other things but when I try to zero in on hockey all I can remember is Harry Neale talking about Henrik Tallinder making a misplay when he wasn't even on the ice. There's nothing else. I think my mind is trying to protect me by blocking everything hockey related out.
However, I have nothing else to do right now - so I'm going to throw out some stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with hockey. Feel free to comment. Hey, it might be good for you to block it out too, you know.
- I'm about halfway through the second season of Battlestar Galactica and I really, really like it a lot. It's no Firefly but what is? I'm hoping to catch up with it completely before it starts back up with the new season. I totally hated Starbuck at first but she's kind of grown on me. I have a weird thing about Edward James Olmos - he creeps me out - so I wasn't sure how that was going to work out but he's good. I'm all about Tigh. That guy kills me even if he is a screw-up.
- When Lost is all said and done, all I really want is a happy ending for Desmond (my current wallpaper) and Penny. I hate Jack and Kate. Could not care less about them. I like Locke and Sawyer but they're probably both domed and I'm fine with that. But if Desmond and Penny don't reunite, get married, have lots of adorable babies and live happily ever after, I'm going to be disappointed. Disappointed enough that the whole show will be a let-down for me. I really think they've become the emotional underpinnings of the whole show. What do you think the chances of a happy ending actually are?
- I've long been opposed to a new Indiana Jones movie, not because Harrison Ford is old but because I think they were pretty lucky to get out with three decent to great movies (Raiders of the Lost Ark - great, Temple of Doom - decent, Last Crusade - good). I had no desire to see that ruined, particularly after hearing the first script wasn't up to George Lucas's standards. (Lucas is certainly a genius when it comes to certain things but screenwriting is not one of those things.) But I'm not gonna lie, the teaser trailer for the new movie gave me happy chills. Usually there's only one summer movie I really HAVE to see and everything else goes in the rental pile but this year there are a few big movies I want to see in addition to the new Indy, The Dark Knight and Iron Man being the other two must-sees. I'm so stoked about Robert Downey, Jr. in Iron Man.
- Since BSG has been sucking up most of my time, I haven't watched a lot of movies lately. I did see Across the Universe which I really expected to hate but I kind of liked it. Parts of it didn't work (skip the Being For the Benefit of Mr. Kite sequence) but parts of it were really sweet and touching, I thought. The lead guy's voice reminded me a little of Ewan McGregor in Moulin Rouge so that was a plus in his favor since I adore Ewan in MR.
- I want Jillian to win Project Runway, but I think it's going to be Christian. Which will annoy me to no end.
- I've been devouring U2 by U2 the last few days. I got this for Christmas last year - it's a coffee table book full of little tiny print interviews and tons of amazing photos - and while I loved what I read, at the time I was working two jobs and it was tough to carry around with me so I didn't get too far into it. I pulled it down off the bookshelf Friday night and have gotten totally lost in it. It's very cool because unlike most U2 things which focus on Bono and Edge, this includes exhaustive interviews with all four guys. I've always had a soft spot for Larry - so handsome! so stoic and private! so dryly funny! - so I'm loving getting into his head a little. (My favorite album is The Joshua Tree although I think their best album is Achtung Baby. My ten favorite U2 songs - off the top of my head, no thought at all which is the only way I can do this or I'll be here all night changing the list: I Will Follow, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Bad, All I Want Is You, One, Until the End of the World, Acrobat, Wake Up Dead Man, Beautiful Day, City of Blinding Lights. Interesting. Maybe Achtung Baby is my favorite album. Okay, I'm changing the subject now because I'm already having second thoughts about that list and I could do this forever.) I've never seen a book with its own commercial. That's pretty cool.
- Some of my favorite non-hockey sports blogs/websites: Fire Joe Morgan, Where Have You Gone, Andy Van Slyke?, The Dugout, SportsJustice (for the Astros stuff - I skip the football and basketball talk), and The Hardball Times. Guess I should have just said "baseball" instead of "non-hockey."
- And now I leave with you my favorite recent YouTube video:
Worst blog entry ever? Maybe so. Better than that Sabres game? It might be.