Wednesday, December 26, 2007

No one looked particularly great tonight - on either team, really - but Ryan Miller was a little soft in spots and that was the difference.

And that's about all I got.

I have to say, I'm not sure how this whole blogging thing is going to work over the next couple of months. It's such a pain in the ass to get to the computer due to the arrangement of the furniture - I have to kind of shimmy in, leading with my casted foot (which is both awkward and nerve-wracking) and once I'm in the only way I can actually sit down puts me at a weird twisted angle that is terribly uncomfortable not that anything about this is comfortable. I will admit that I missed huge chunks of the game because I could not get situated. I was hot and cranky and emotional and god, this blows so bad. What am I supposed to do for three months if I can't even get on the #!!$%@! internet? I was doing okay earlier - I read for a long time, I managed to microwave myself lunch, I wrote some Christmas cards, I played Guitar Hero (and passed Mark which was really my primary goal). It seemed like a fine day... Until I realized I'm going to be living this day every day for three months.

See?! This has nothing to do with hockey! So I don't know, we'll see what happens. Maybe as this becomes more "normal" I'll deal with it better. Right now I'm just a big frikkin' miserable baby and I know you're all tired of listening to me complain already. (It's okay, you don't have to deny it.)

Uhhh... Go Sabres!

7 comments:

Gambler said...

Yeah, there wasn't much to love about that game tonight. Except for Yo-Yo's goal, of course. I'm still not exactly sure how that one went in.

If this injury keeps you from blogging (and I wouldn't blame you if it does, because that sounds really rough) I'm going to be very upset. How will I keep up in Europe without Top Shelf?!

I almost feel bad about getting those tickets for Christmas, now. I feel like if you can't go, I shouldn't either! I'm so sorry, Heather!

Heather B. said...

I feel like if you can't go, I shouldn't either! I'm so sorry, Heather!

Gambler, somebody should go and have fun! I'm very excited for you! :D

However, if you happen to wander across Hank I would love a photo of him holding a posterboard reading, "Hey, Heather! Sorry about your ankle! The Ice Bowl was no fun without you! Get well soon! Love, Hank!" Okay?

And I loved Yo-Yo's goal. I have no idea how it went in either.

karen said...

Maybe a laptop would make a nice post-Christmas present? With a wireless router, so you can get on the internet from your reclining chair?

Gambler said...

Okay, will do. I'll have to bring along the appropriate sign, just in case.

I think Yo-Yo may have borrowed some of Boston's black magick.

Katebits said...

I have to insist that you throw financial caution to the wind and buy yourself a laptop. It you had full access to the internet, this ankle injury could end up being the best thing EVER! :P I'm kidding of course (too soon for broken-ankle jokes?), but I think a laptop would help a lot. I mean, no walking, no Ice Bowl, no INTERWEBS? That is just too much.

Also, I think you should whine loudly and continually until your a recovered (and possibly beyond). That's what I'd do. :D

Anonymous said...

I will, as a show of Buffalo Sabres bloggin' solidarity, donate the proceeds from my advertising links to a laptop fund for you. Let's see, nothin' into nothin', carry the nothin'...that comes to 47 cents! Dells are that cheap now, right??

MikeP said...

Dude, total suck. I can't even imagine how I'd feel in your place.

Hopefully your ankle recovers more quickly than Ethan Moreau's has.