Tuesday, February 5, 2008

This Has Nothing To Do With Hockey But...

I really hate this cast!

I need this thing off like... last week. I can't sleep, I can't eat (okay, I can eat fine), I can't get comfortable, and my butt hurts from all the sitting around. My leg itches, my foot is layered in dry skin, and I'm hot. Oh my gosh, I'm so! friggin! hot! Somebody please turn on the air conditioning!

I need to get out in the world. I need to walk and ride my bike. I need to go to work and complain about how much I hate my job even though I love it. I need to step away from the computer. I posted 32 times in January, people. Thirty-two! I was pretty happy with what I blogged for the first few weeks but now I'm writing about Mark Cuban. Mark Cuban! Why am I even thinking about Mark Cuban?!

I'm losing my mind for reals.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

aw heather, I have a friend in Minnesota with a really similar injury. She's still in a cast because she ended up messing it up more by not following doctors orders.

do you like vegan chocolate chip cookies? I can mail you a big batch :)

Anonymous said...

How much longer is it before you get that blasted thing off?

karen said...

You know what you need? A gold Sharpie!

Bowl of Pork said...

Just think, after you get it off, you'll try to walk and fall flat on your face because you have no leg muscles anymore!

Crap, that wasn't as funny or as motivational as I was hoping for. Uh... I hope you get it off soon and that it's super-swell?

Heather B. said...

Jill, I can't say that I've ever had vegan cookies but they sound delicious! And I know, I know - I'm trying to comply with all doctor's orders :-D

Pookie, I go back to the doctor for new x-rays on Friday so hopefully I'll get good news then.

Karen, that would be great! Then I can doodle I LOVE HANK er, I mean GO SABRES all over it, right?

Matt, yeah... Not so encouraging. But it did make me laugh so thanks :D