Saturday, February 16, 2008

He IS the Suck!

If anyone tries to say, "See! This is why we have to keep Brian Campbell! The Sabres would suck without him!" I'm kicking them in the head. He IS the suck! Why can't everyone see this? Am I crazy? He was on the ice for all four first period goals and desperately ineffective on every one of them. The second two were totally stoppable shots but still, a little bit of defense never hurt anyone. Six million dollars? SIX MILLION DOLLARS?! Kiss my grits, Brian Campbell.

Seriously, in my opinion, this game is a perfect example of why the Sabres aren't leaping to sign Campbell for the money he's demanding. When you have Ryan Miller, Jason Pominville, Drew Stafford, Paul Gaustad, Daniel Paille, Ales Kotali, Tim Connolly, and Maxim Afinogenov coming up in the next couple of years, you have to use your brain. And that's not to say all of the above should be re-signed, just that you can't deal with one player without thinking about all the rest. Six million dollars is a huge amount of money to sink into a defensemen who, despite his reputation, is simply not an elite defensemen.

On a totally different note, I love that when it was reported that Richard Zednik had chicken wings, half of the Buffalo internet presence went nuts that he got wings from Picasso's and not Anchor Bar, Duffs, or La Nova. Only in Buffalo!

Geez, this game really sucked. And it had to be the Rangers. Ugh. More later when I'm not so disgusted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think today proved that Soupy's a good offensive defenseman, but when push comes to shove, he's not that great of a defensive defenseman, a goalie's best friend, if you will. When was the last time we saw Soupy block a shot instead of standing around with his thumb up his bum or waving his stick at the offensive skater?

Katebits said...

Soupy is falling apart under the pressure of this situation. I really wish he would keep it together until we can TRADE him. Geez! What are we going to do if they DON'T trade him?! I can't handle this! GO AWAY, SOUPY!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic post title!

I just saw the highlights... I'm so, so, so, so sorry.