So this week did not go at all as planned. Remember how I was going to be driving boxes back and forth from the apartment to the house all week? Didn't happen. We hit yet another snag in the closing process - seriously, buying a house is one big pain the butt - so we're now moving next week. Or Mark's moving next week I should say since I'll be somewhere in Pennsylvania. Heh. (For the record, I did offer to bail on my family and stay here to help but I was told that was out of the question.)
Still, I did manage to squeeze in some good stuff. I got a lot of reading done which delights me since that goes on the back burner a lot of the time. Watched some DVDs. Stayed up till all hours of the morning and then slept in to compensate while also indulging in the occasional afternoon nap. Did some shopping, both the fun and non-fun variety. (I came across these while looking for a birthday present for my nephew, Luke. Luke's pretty lucky there were no Han and Chewies in stock because it would've been happy birthday, Aunt Heather.) Chillaxed at the Bisons game yesterday with a friend. (I was supposed to be seeing Travis Hafner but his rehab schedule didn't coincide with my schedule. I did see Victor Martinez though.) And Kate's coming over in a couple of hours and we're going to see if we can pull together a podcast.
So it was a fairly quiet week but I love those weeks. I'm planning on having a lot of fun next week but it'll be a lot more go, go, go so resting up this week probably worked out well.
Ideally I'll be making at least a couple of posts from PA but I'm not sure what the wireless situation is going to be since we'll be bouncing around so we'll see what happens.
Here's a slightly more detailed recap of my week:
THE LAST FIVE THINGS I WATCHED:
1. Baseball Tonight
2. Mets vs. Astros
3. Seinfeld (The Burning - "Don't boss me! This is why you're going to hell.")
4. The Wire (Just finished up season 2, moving on to season 3. I find this show very difficult to watch sometimes - there was a moment in season 1 that made me cry more than anything else on TV ever - but it's so, so good.)
5. Project Runway
THE LAST FIVE SONGS I LISTENED TO:
1. Want To - Sugarland (Totally obsessed with Sugarland right now. I'm not really fond of a lot of female vocalists but I love Jennifer Nettles' voice.)
2. You Shouldn't Kiss Me Like This - Toby Keith
3. Crash Into Me - Dave Matthews Band (I know I said they're overrated but I do like this song quite a bit.)
4. Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home) - U2 (I don't go out of my way to listen to Christmas music in the off-season but if it comes up on my iPod and it's a song I really like, I won't change it.)
5. Small Town - John(ny) (Cougar) Mellencamp
THE LAST FIVE THINGS I READ:
1. Born on a Blue Day: Inside the Extraordinary Mind of an Autistic Savant - Daniel Tammet
2. Look Me in the Eye: My Life With Asperger's - John Elder Robison (I didn't really meant to read these two back-to-back - I had Look Me In the Eye on request at the library for a long time and it showed up right after I checked out Born on a Blue Day - but they actually made for a very interesting one-two punch.)
3. Hope's Boy - Andrew Bridge
4. The Big Field - Mike Lupica (I'm not super familiar with Lupica's newspaper work although I hate him on Sports Reporters which used to be one of my favorite shows. I have read almost all of his YA novels however and I do like them a lot.)
5. The Memory Keeper's Daughter - Kim Edwards
LAST FIVE NON-HOCKEY WEBSITES I VISITED:
1. Celebrity Baby Blog
2. Fire Joe Morgan
3. YouTube: Punch-Up in Piestany (I'd never seen this video until a few days ago and I can't even tell you how many times I've watched it since then. I'm completely fascinated by it. If you've never seen it - or even if you have - you should check it out. Whoops. I guess this one is kind of hockey related. Oh, well.)
4. Gizmodo (Gotta keep up on my iPod rumors!)
5. Do They Have Salsa in China? (For a while we were talking about international adoption and I got hooked on this blog then.)
FIVE THINGS I HOPE HAPPEN WHILE I'M ON VACATION:
1. Jason Pominville signs a contract for 25/5.
2. Jason Pominville signs a contract for 25/5.
3. Jason Pominville signs a contract for 25/5.
4. Jason Pominville signs a contract for 25/5.
5. Jason Pominville signs a contract for 25/5.
You know what, here's the Punch-Up for those of you too lazy to follow a link. It's awesome.
I'm out! I'll see you when I see you!