Monday, November 5, 2007

Did I Say I Love Hockey...?

In honor of NaBloPoMO, I'll be attempting to post something every day in November. If you're not checking in every day, make sure you're catching all the posts! I told you they wouldn't all be as long as the last one...

The Good News: The Sabres played one of the best games they've played all year.

The Bad News: They still lost.

So which sucks worse, playing like garbage and losing or playing pretty well and still losing? Will the team be able to put aside the disappointment of losing and take the good from the game?

Gotta be honest, I'm not really loving hockey so much right now.

3 comments:

Meg said...

I find myself rather zen right now. I mean, no obviously this was not a happy game. But I was so relieved just to see a generally solid effort out of the team. Do I have issues with the play of certain guys ::coughcampbellcough::? Yes. But I thought the team as a whole was working hard and outplayed the Habs in two of three periods. So if they can repeat that effort the wins should come. I hope.

Heather B. said...

Meg, you're probably right. I'm just so bummed. They played really hard and I kept thinking, surely they're going to get one in the net eventually because they're earning it but no, it never happened. I was so frustrated just watching so I hope their seemingly fragile little minds can put aside the loss and feel good about the effort.

::coughcampbellcough::

Yeah, Soupy. Mixed emotions here. Eventually I'm going to write something about his potential contract extension. But hey, could you maybe not dipsy-doodle in front of your own net there, Red?

Meg said...

I kept thinking, surely they're going to get one in the net eventually because they're earning it but no, it never happened. I was so frustrated just watching so I hope their seemingly fragile little minds can put aside the loss and feel good about the effort.

I know! I kept thinking "all this hard work has to pay off," too. That was rough. Hopefully they don't go all, well we lose when we work hard too, so I guess we can go back to slacking off on us.

But hey, could you maybe not dipsy-doodle in front of your own net there, Red?

Yeah. I can sort of (but not entirely) live with it when he's making bad decisions (hello defensive zone spin-o-rama!) in the defensive zone. But when he's also making bad decisions in the offensive zone like last night it makes me want to put my head through a wall.