Sunday, February 28, 2010

Andrej and Toni

So at the beginning of the night I thought I was cheering for Finland to win bronze but for Andrej Sekera to play well enough for Slovakia to either get out of the Sabres pressbox or be tradeable.  But it turns out that was all wrong which is one of the most fun things about the Olympics (and the non-Sabres playoffs).  I watched the first period of the game at a babysitting gig.  By the time I got paid, chatted with the parents for a few minutes, picked up something to snack on, deposited my money in the drive-thru ATM, and got home, Slovakia had taken a 2-1 lead.  And I was REALLY happy about that.  I didn't know until that moment that I was cheering for them.

Poor Andrej Sekera.  Look at this kid.  He knows he's going to go back to Buffalo and ask to play only to have Lindy sneer at him and ask him where HIS medal is.

 
Awwwwww. (Photo by Jamie Squire/Getty Images)

Only slightly related but I was really glad to catch this moment on the TV broadcast of the US-Finland game the other day.

 
"I hope Canada kicks your scrawny ass."
"Suck it, Eurotrash."

Let's go USA!

No comments: