Thursday, November 19, 2009

I'm Not Dead (Yet)

For the record, I'm not ignoring the Sabres or my blog.  I know it's been a little slow around here the last couple of weeks.  I've been sick and it's getting really annoying because I'm not really sick enough to call off work for a few days, but I am sick enough to not have the energy to do much of anything but drag myself to and from work.  I'd almost rather be really, really sick for two or three days and get done then do another day of this nagging, hacking crud. 

So with that as a disclaimer, here are a few very, very quick thoughts:

1. I feel like, in ten years, I've never seen the Sabres beat the Florida Panthers.

2. There's been a lot of talk of the new and improved, laid-back Lindy Ruff, but I have to admit I was pretty happy to see crankpot Lindy in the postgame conference.  I liked hearing him throw the entire team under the bus (the loss was "a good group effort") and bluntly assert that the team thought this game was going to be a lot easier that it was.  Don't get me wrong, I'm happy Lindy has lightened up some, especially if that is making the team more loose, but I'm happy my Lindy is still in there too.  I have no idea what this says about me.

3. Still some concerns about the top six.  Are they good enough to carry the team on nights when Ryan Miller isn't as his best?  I don't know.

4. I am super stoked about the final four on Top Chef.  And I like almost all of them although I'm pulling for Kevin and then Jen.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

the loss was "a good group effort"

Hah, I love Lindy Ruff.

Haven't watched last night's Top Chef yet but it's good to know J&K made it.

Shelby said...

I like the lighthearted Lindy too, but I also like the Lindy that knows when to light a fire under these guys asses. They need it after last night's lackluster performance.

Anonymous said...

It was certainly interesting for me to read the post. Thank you for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.