Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Is It Over Yet?

I'll tell you what, this series hasn't even started yet and I'm already tired of the Rangers, the Rangers' coach, and the Rangers' fans. I'm feeling like I may need to avoid major message boards for the next week or so because fans on both sides seem to be in a lather already. Settle down, peeps. Let's atleast wait until the games start and we actually have good reason to hate each other, okay?

Got our order forms for tickets to rounds 3 and 4. In a word, ouch. The price for our 300 level seats jumps to $113 for round 3 and $153 for round 4. Add in the fact that we have to buy tickets to all 8 home games and that's a whopping $1064 - $2128 for the two of us. And this is in addition to what we already paid for the first two rounds. The price itself doesn't bother me. For a pro sport playoff ticket, I think that's a darn good price actually. I've been to regular season sporting events where I've paid that much or close to it. But I really don't understand why we have to buy tickets to all 8 games. I guess maybe orders are easier to process that way, but I don't know, shouldn't a ticket office be able to handle individual games? Isn't that what they do all year? It's not like they're not going to sell the games we don't buy.

The hubby and I talked about it for a long time. We had the money to pay for the first two rounds but the new charge would go on the credit card. I took a second job at the beginning of the year with the goal of paying off our credit card debt by the end of the year so it didn't seem like a very good idea to slap $2000 on there. For a while it looked like maturity and fiscal responsibility were going to win out but in the end frivolity and sports madness took over. We'll sell a game or two in each round to friends and family like we've done so far and that'll give us some of our money back. What the hell, you know? You gotta enjoy something once in a while.

In action for the first time tonight will be my shiny new, never been worn jersey:


That, my friends, is one bad-ass jersey. (My photography skills on the other hand? Horrible.)

No comments: