Monday, June 7, 2010

Only Mostly Dead

I've been trying, you guys.  I really have.  All week I've been writing a post about Danny Briere and Brian Campbell, and how I was going to ignore the bitter and no fun "Too bad they're not still in Buffalo!" people and be happy for whichever one of them wins a Stanley Cup, but it just hasn't been sounding as good on screen as it has in my head, and I finally decided last night that it's because I don't care.  I don't care at all about hockey right now.  I don't know if it's the Sabres flame-out, weariness of all the second-guessing that followed, the seemingly endless break between the Conference Finals and the Finals, or a Finals match-up between two teams that not only do I not care about but that I actually kind of dislike, but I don't care.  I don't even care enough to pretend I care.  So I'll be happy to see Danny and/or Soupy lift the Cup, but that might be the only time I really and truly tune in to what's going on on the TV for the series.  (I wrote that paragraph after Game One, but it's proven to be true.  The TV has been on, but I couldn't really tell you much about what's been going on.)

But while I don't particularly miss hockey (how can I miss you if you won't go away?), I have missed blogging.  I have no definitive plan for the summer.  I'll probably do what I do every off-season and just blog about whatever pops into my head.  Some of it will be hockey related - I mean, of course I'm going to respond when Darcy trades for Jarome Iginla which I'm sure will happen within days of the end of the season - but some of it, probably a lot of it, won't be.  Like last year, we plan to see some things in Buffalo and the Buffalo area but there are also a few other trip planned including my very first visit to Fenway Park which I'm super, super excited about.

For now, let's just get back into the swing of things, shall we?  I promise you at least one post every day this week.  Really!  And I promise none of them most of them no more than one of them will be about Henrik Tallinder.

No comments: