Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Are We SURE Baseball is Over?

Whoa.  So remember how I said yesterday that Tim Connolly shouldn't really be that high on the list of Players to be Executed?  Yeah.  Timmy might want to not leave the house for a few weeks.  

A scheduling conflict spared me from most of the first period, but based on the opinions of my husband and the raging on Twitter, I could tell it was a bad one.  And even with that preparation, I was shocked when I watched the first period highlights.  The Sabres looked like they had literally never played hockey before the puck dropped tonight.  I've run power plays in P.E. with a bunch of emotionally disturbed second graders that were more effective than anything the Sabres put together tonight.  I found myself wishing there was a Pittsburgh Pirates game on tonight and that is just not a good place to be.  Just gross, gross, gross.

I don't even know what to say about what should happen to who.  I'm going to have to process this.  Probably everyone should be fired including Sabretooth and the person who picks the music played at HSBC.  

I mean... gross.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather here is the near future...Lindy will NOT be fired, but he WILL resign. Here's why.
Wondering why Lindy benched Craig Riveted but allows Tim Cannoli to roam free as the wind blows?...
Lindy named Rivet captain and can do as he wishes with him.
DARCY named Tiny Tim an elite Top Twenty center and is the only one with any say in the matter.
Lindy will either bench Tim for his non-support, and be disciplined by Darcy the Ditherer OR Lindy asks to bench him and is refused.
Lindy will resign in disgust either way and gain sympathy in the exit interview with the public.
Thoughts?

Becky said...

No, not Sabretooth! We finally got the rappelling version back! The rest? Eh.

Heather B. said...

Anonymous, maybe Lindy will resign, I don't know. I don't think, however, that Darcy makes a habit of interfering in how Lindy coaches. He's always said Lindy is the coach, he makes the calls with regards to what happens on the ice and I've never seen anything to contradict that. I could MAYBE see people above Darcy trying to put pressure on Lindy. Darcy clearly loves Lindy and clearly does not like confrontation. If he's not going to even consider firing him right now, I don't see him trying to pull off any discipline.

I do think if Lindy leaves - fired or resigned - he ends up with all the sympathy. How could he not?

Heather B. said...

Becky, the rappelling scares me!